"Sinocism is the Presidential Daily Brief for China hands"- Evan Osnos, New Yorker Correspondent and National Book Award Winner
If you like this free daily roundup you can subscribe to it either through RSS or email. See the links to either option at the top right of the page. And if you really like it feel free to donate through the button on the top right.
- Investigation of a credible report by a US Marine on the location of the missing Peking Man fossils | Berger | South African Journal of Science –
- Google charts a careful course through Asia’s maps | Reuters –
- 重庆卫视天天红歌会改为周播 没考虑播商业广告_新闻中心_新浪网 – 本报讯 (记者 匡丽娜)重庆广电集团(总台)负责人昨天下午约见本报记者，就3月26日起重庆卫视部分节目调整作了说明。
- Is Peking Man under a car park? — Shanghai Daily – THE memories of a World War II-era US Marine have renewed hopes of solving one of the greatest archaeological mysteries – the whereabouts of the Peking Man fossils.
In the latest edition of a journal published by Johannesburg's University of the Witwatersrand, South African paleontologist Lee Berger and two Chinese colleagues say the fossils may be under a parking lot in China's northern port city of Qinhuangdao where the Marine said he saw two crates of bones in 1947. Richard Bowen described the sighting in memoirs being compiled by his son.
- Beijing ‘failing on North Korea’ | SCMP.com – US President Obama says China's policy stance over the past decades has not caused Pyongyang to alter its belligerent behaviour towards to west
- Beijing wants ‘one China’ concept locked in－SCMP.com – Mainland leaders want future negotiations across strait to use 1992 consensus as their starting point
- UK asks China to probe death in ousted Bo’s city –
- When Packaging Oversteps the Facts – NYTimes.com – For Robert H. Giles, commentary editor for GlobalPost and formerly editor and publisher of The Detroit News, the trouble lay with the combination of front-page prominence, Mr. Romney’s name in the headline and details of his connection with Bain high in the story.
The Times’s decision to package the article this way, he noted, “raises a question of fairness that might extend to public perception of the paper’s overall coverage of Romney as a presidential candidate.”
On balance, this was a case of a newsworthy article that The Times overplayed. Mr. Romney’s history with Bain Capital is fair game indeed, but the actions of Bain’s current leadership and the Romneys’ trustee are slighter fare.
- Video: Henry Kissinger puts 100,000 people to sleep in Chongqing: Shanghaiist – did Bo Xilai pay Kissinger for this appearance in 2011?
- How the playboy lifestyle of Chinese politician’s Harrow-educated son has fuelled rumours of a Beijing coup | Mail Online –
- 孔庆东挺薄熙来被拘 薄曾花钱窃听政敌 – (苹果日报) 薄熙来被免除重庆市委书记后，媒体踢爆他曾收买海内外媒体，为其包装造势，左派学者、北京大学教授孔庆东昨在微博自爆，薄熙来事件后，他被拘捕5天，但非出卖国家机密，而是因接受薄资助宣传「重庆模式」被调查。