"Sinocism is the Presidential Daily Brief for China hands"- Evan Osnos, New Yorker Correspondent and National Book Award Winner
- China’s empty city of Ordos -AlJazeera on YouTube – AlJazeera-China’s empty city of Ordos, 2 years after their first report
- Tucker/Glaser-Should the United States Abandon Taiwan? – Autumn 2011 – Powered by Google Docs PDF –
- Taipei Times-Strengthen ties, sell jets, study urges – study by nancy bernkopf tucker and bonnie glaser urges us to sell new f-16s to taiwan, strengthen ties
- HEARD ON THE STREET: Ma Holds Key to Yahoo’s Treasure – WSJ.com – Alibaba’s recent behavior reduces the chance that they will face tough competition from outside bidders or anyone not confident of building a strong relationship with Mr. Ma and his team. The transfer of Alipay, the online-payments part of the business, into a private company controlled by Mr. Ma, without the approval of Yahoo, made some investors think that Alibaba might have learned a thing or two from the 40 thieves.
- Tom Friedman at AliFest: The World Is Hyperconnected – News Center – Alizila –
- Journalist threatened for report-global times– zhu ruifeng claimed Wednesday that police in Langfang, Hebei Province, had threatened him and his family. lawyer xhou ze blogged about it”The Global Times phoned a number provided by Zhu, who said the number is for a police man who threatened him. A man answered the phone and said he is a police officer, but wouldn’t comment on anything else.”If you guys report any further about the Dong case, we will beat you until your legs are broken,” he said before hanging up.”
- 周泽：对廊坊市公安局副局长孙卫克涉黑的举报-周泽-财新博客-新世纪的常识传播者-财新网 – Beijing lawyer Zhou Ze claims he was threatened by Langfang deputy police chief over the zhu ruifeng case, writes up his charges on his blog.
- China sees surge of independent candidates – The Washington Post – All across China, scores of ordinary citizens are challenging the Communist Party’s ironclad grip on political life, launching full-blown campaigns outside its grasp for local “people’s congresses.”
- Fukushima disaster: it’s not over yet | Jonathan Watts | World news | The Guardian – Six months after the multiple meltdowns at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant, the streets have been cleared but the psychological damage remains
- How MI6 deal sent family to Gaddafi’s jail | World news | The Guardian– So how does US/UK criticize China for its repatriation (aka diplomatic rendering) of overseas Uighurs? He was in exile in China, tricked by UK intelligence to go to Hong KOng, detained crossing border by HK police, put on plane to Libya.Exclusive: Libyan Islamist reveals how wife and children were ‘rendered’ before Tony Blair visit
- 邓亚萍谈人民搜索：有望与阿里巴巴合作-搜狐IT – people’s daily search engine jike is going to work with Alibaba?
- 首个写字楼安保规定实施 写字楼不得租给无证照者_中国经济网——国家经济门户 –
- 广东纪检监察网 – 经省纪委有关负责人于9月9日证实，省人防办副主任莫远航，因涉嫌严重违纪，于近日接受组织调查。
- Deputy Director of Guangdong’s Anti-Corruption Office Under Investigation – Economic Observer – China has a large fox and henhouse problem//
Guangdong’s provincial Commission for Discipline Inspection confirmed that Mo Yuanheng (莫远航), the deputy director of the province’s anti-corruption office, is under investigation on suspicion of serious violations of discipline.
- Tencent Looks to the West for Third-Party Game Developers-Inside Social Games – The Shenzhen-based company has been busy securing deals with large American companies like Zynga and other unannounced partners to bring their most popular gaming titles to Tencent’s platform. Since opening its platform earlier this year, Tencent is paying its two top casual game developers about 10 million renminbi ($1.6 million) per month after the revenue split from the company’s payments service, the platform’s general manager Peter Zheng tells us. About eighty thousand developers have registered so far with 40,000 pending applications
- 京东商城提前启动IPO背后：电商上市卡位战 – 产经 – 21世纪网 – on why 360buy in a hurry to IPO in US. If it can raise billions it may block some of its competitors. use 360buy a lot, great service, but the mooted valuation seems crazier than a red guard on meth.
- North Korea Jammed a U.S. Spy Plane’s GPS | Defense Tech – that easy to jam?
- Greenpeace China conducts nationwide pesticide test on supermarket veggies and the results are not pretty! – Shanghaiist –
- AsiaEye – Official Blog of the Project 2049 Institute: New DF-31A ICBM Brigade in Hunan? – An amateur photographer posted a video on China’s Youku website on August 24 capturing a probable Dongfeng-31A (DF-31A) convoy transiting downtown Shaoyang (邵阳), a prefecture-level city in Hunan Province
- Waiting for the floodgates to open-Sidney Morning Herald – China is awash with cash and the Australian resources sector is ripe with opportunity, writes John Garnaut in Beijing.